LBD is the popular short cut for the Little Black Dress. Yes, a LBD or two should be in your closet, but I'm obsessed with the LBPS. What's that you ask?...Little Black Pencil Skirt. A slim fitted pencil skirt that touches mid-way or slightly below the knee is best. A LBPS is perfect for:
1) Work. Pair with any color jacket. Pair with a crisp white button front blouse with chic heels.
2) Happy Hour after Work. Take off your jacket and bam, you are getting together with friends after work. #Easyandchic
3) Casual Friday. Pair with a black button front blouse and flats.
4) Dinner Date. Pair with a sexy lace top. YAS!
5) Travel. Pair with a ribbed tank top and basic solid color sneaker. Carry a denim jacket or leather jacket for chilly airplane.
Actual conversation with a client while organizing and shopping her closet.
Me: Nice shirt. Try this on with these distressed jeans.
Client: THAT?! That's a work shirt!
Me: What's a work shirt?
Client: I wear it to work under this gray suit. Let me show you. See, it looks good.
3 minutes later...
Client: Oh, I like this a lot.
TIP: Don't limit your awesome clothes to wearing them in just one place or just one way. My client's co-workers got to see this nice shirt and now her friends get to see it worn casually.
Hire I Am CHIC to ensure you are maximizing what's in your closet.