LBD is the popular short cut for the Little Black Dress. Yes, an LBD or two should be in your closet, but I'm obsessed with the LBPS. What's that you ask?...Little Black Pencil Skirt. A slim fitted pencil skirt that touches mid-way or slightly below the knee is best. A LBPS is perfect for:
1) Work. Pair with any color jacket. Pair with a crisp white button front blouse with chic heels.
2) Happy Hour after Work. Take off your jacket and bam, you are getting together with friends after work. #Easyandchic
3) Casual Friday. Pair with a black button front blouse and flats.
4) Dinner Date. Pair with a sexy lace top. YAS!
5) Travel. Pair with a ribbed tank top and basic solid color sneaker. Carry a denim jacket or leather jacket for chilly airplane.
Actual conversation with a client while organizing and shopping her closet.
Me: Nice shirt. Try this on with these distressed jeans.
Client: THAT?! That's a work shirt!
Me: What's a work shirt?
Client: I wear it to work under this gray suit. Let me show you. See, it looks good.
3 minutes later...
Client: Oh, I like this a lot.
TIP: Don't limit your awesome clothes to wearing them in just one place or just one way. My client's co-workers got to see this nice shirt and now her friends get to see it worn casually.
Hire I Am CHIC to ensure you are maximizing what's in your closet.